Savage Worlds

Home Forums 2019 Fantasy Savage Worlds

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  EdIreland 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

EdIreland
    Keymaster

Welcome to my booth. Don’t let that smiling, cherub-like face fool you. You see, I create worlds. I create the inhabitants of those worlds. Then I create terribly awful things that threaten those worlds. Sometimes my creations win…other times, not so much.

My first world was a land filled with evil. The creatures were a pet project of mine that took more than twenty years to perfect. I wish I could tell you that I was a precocious child who wrote their first novel at age 2 with my alphabet soup, but it just ain’t so. Despite my Catholic school education complete with angry nuns with great power, I was not a writer.

Not a serious writer at least. But I was playing a half-assed D&D-type game and I would write these little scenarios for it. Like parents convinced their child was the next Tom Jones, people kept telling me they were extraordinary and I should write for a living. And like that child, I believed them. I cheerfully wrote a long story and sent it off to various publishers. The carnage that followed was epic, but too late to save me. I enjoyed writing. Now, all I had to do was get good at it.

I spent the next 20 years writing and rewriting my stories. They say that you don’t become a good writer until you’ve written a million words. They were wrong…it’s 4 million words. But, I learned so much on that journey through my 4 million words and now I am proud to offer stories that are filled with all the emotions one expects from their books.

I found along the way, that the measure of a book is in the depth of its characters. I hope that you will find my stories filled with great depth. Here is the link for my Amazon page and below that, a quick preview of what I have for you.

http://www.amazon.com/author/edireland

There is the “Trials of the Clans” trilogy. This is the story of Hellion and Fire, 2 star-crossed lovers whose world is thrust into conflict. It follows them across 25+ years of life, highlighting their love, their passion, and their willingness to keep order in their world.

Then there is the emerging series, “The Journals of the Huntress”. In book 1, “The Last Ranger of Sarn”, we meet Vespias Firstlight. Her life falls into turmoil at the tender age of 12 when she kills a man defending her family. Her days quickly become a study of how much pain one heart can endure before it is broken beyond repair. Book 2, “Blood Moon Sacrifice” continues her story. She is older and wiser, but still haunted by the ghosts of her past.

Both of these fantasy giants contain strong messages of family and honor. They parallel our world and offer insights into the power of positive thinking. My characters are written to be as familiar to you as your next door neighbors. They are people you will care about, reading on to see what happens next.

In addition to my fantasy work, I also offer a peek into Historical Fiction with a piece called “Crime Scene”, a sleek and stylized look at the Kennedy Assassination seen through the eyes of a Philadelphia mafia hitman.

There are two books of short stories and poems, “Forgotten Treasure” and “More Forgotten Treasure” and finally, a crime drama called “The Final Chapter”.

6 current covers

EdIreland
    Keymaster

I may have good news…of sorts. It seems as if I can actually have General Firstlight sit in the booth for a time and answer questions for you all. Sadly, I cannot guarantee that her answers will always be civil. Once the General has decided that a question is beneath her, there is no limit to the sarcasm she will let go.

However, if you feel lucky then, by all means, ask away. She will be in the booth in the wee hours of Sunday the 19th. She should arrive by 9 AM, possibly hungover and not in the most pleasant of moods.

I’ll do what I can to help.

Devorah Fox
    Keymaster

Greetings!

Connie Cockrell
    Keymaster

Great covers.

EdIreland
    Keymaster

Good evening Dev and Connie 🙂

How is the world treating you tonight?

EdIreland
    Keymaster

Thank you Connie. I do all my own work. So far I’m good with my Journals of the Huntress series, but I do have a vision for the Trials of the Clans that I’m just not talented enough to do. Maybe I’ll find a good artist to take pity on me this weekend.

EdIreland
    Keymaster

Here is a video trailer I had done. You’ll notice a publisher at the end of the video…one of my biggest mistakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cGFjESSMc8

EdIreland
    Keymaster

This is a very old video that I made, completely disregarding copyrights and intellectual property. But, it was a lot of fun and didn’t turn out bad at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F8KTeigivg

EdIreland
    Keymaster

And finally, another trailer for the 2nd book in the series, far too long and even more of a violation of laws. The song is called “If Only”, sung by a young lady named Gin Wigmore. I was kind of stuck when I was writing, not having any kind of direction of where I wanted to go. Then I heard this song and everything fell into place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S07reDAHwrI

EdIreland
    Keymaster

This is a featured reading by none other than our own Angela B Chrysler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uqmY9itV3g

Hope you enjoy it!

EdIreland
    Keymaster

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.