Phoebe Darqueling – Fantasy Booth

Home Forums 2019 Fantasy Phoebe Darqueling – Fantasy Booth

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  afstewart 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Phoebe Darqueling is the pen name of a globe trotting vagabond who currently hangs her hat in Freiburg, Germany. In her “real life” she writes curriculum for a creativity competition for kids in MN and edits academic texts for non-native English speakers. She’s an equal opportunity Star Trek, Star Wars, and Firefly fan, but her favorite pastime is riffing on terrible old movies a la Mystery Science Theater 3000.

She loves all things Steampunk and Gaslamp Fantasy, and writes about her obsession on SteampunkJournal.org. During 2017, she coordinated a Steampunk novel through the Collaborative Writing Challenge called Army of Brass, and also loves working with authors as an editor. You can also find her short stories in the Chasing Magic and The Queen of Clocks and Other Steampunk Tales anthologies so far, and she’ll be featured in three more collections of Sci Fi and Fantasy before the end of 2019.

Phoebe’s first Gaslamp Fantasy novel, No Rest for the Wicked came out Spring 2019 and is available now through Black Rose Writing, and was the runner-up in Sci Fi/Fantasy for the 2019 Maxy Award.

You can find out more about Phoebe’s Sci Fi releases in her other author booth or on her Amazon page.

Other people just think they’re “haunted by the past.” In Vi’s case, it’s true.

Clairvoyant Viola Thorne wants to forget about her days of grifting and running errands for ghosts. The problem? Playing it safe is dull. So when a dead stranger begs for her help, Vi jumps at the chance to dust off her hustling skills. The unlikely companions are soon tangling with bandits, cheating at cards, and loving every minute.

Then she finds out who referred him, and Vi has to face both a past and ex-partner that refuse to stay buried. Though she betrayed Peter, his spirit warns her of the plot that cost him his life. Vi’s guilty conscience won’t let her rest until she solves his murder. Though she’s spent her whole life fighting the pull of the paranormal, it holds the key to atoning for the only deception she’s ever regretted—breaking Peter’s heart.

Get your copy now

BLOG TOUR

Find out about the characters and read their excerpts, check out my guest posts, and get to know me a little better in a series of interviews from my digital launch tour.

Visit the tour page for links to all of my posts

Devorah Fox
    Keymaster

Connie Cockrell
    Keymaster

Found you here, too!

afstewart
    Keymaster

Hi, Phoebe, the booth looks great.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.