Tagged: #magic #labs #monkeys
May 15, 2019 at 4:18 pm #1608
Hey! I’m listed under Horror, as well. My booth in horror: https://owscycon.ourwriteside.com/forums/topic/k-matt-horror-urban-fantasy-sci-fi/
For those that don’t feel like heading there to see what the series is all about, though…
I’ll go more into each of the arcs a bit later. But for now, a little info about the books themselves.
1) They’re generally short.
2) They’re in 1st person/present tense POV.
3) They switch POVs often, with each POV having its own font.
4) Some sequences are illustrated as comic sections. Regular chase/fight scenes are done digitally. Nightmares are painted in watercolors, flashbacks are in black Sharpie (with gray brush pen). Hallucinations are in mixed media, ghost encounters have been done once…those and fights within one’s mind are done with a mix of traditional and digital.
5) These are NOT for young readers.
6) I’d like to take this moment to put a trigger warning up for them. These books contain instances of: Language (ESPECIALLY Travis), violence (a lot of it…Jesse likes to get creative with her murders), mentions of suicide/suicidal ideation, one instance of sexual assault (that is different than one might expect and probably one of the more horrifying types), kidnapping (mostly with Travis, again…). Again…yep, taking this moment to do that now.
Anyway, yes, these books can probably be described as experimental hybrids (much like a good portion of their characters).
You can check all of them out here, and my next posts will be about the arcs themselves, the characters, and a few anthologies!
Info about the horror-heavy Arc 1 will be posted in that booth. The 2nd arc is my urban fantasy one. I’ll be getting into that one eventually.
Either way, welcome!May 15, 2019 at 6:36 pm #1627
As promised, here’re the books of Arc 2, the arc which brings magic further into the story.
Sick of being the universe’s punching bag, Dr. Spencer Abbot begins to look into self-defense training. His search leads him to Slade McManus, a powerful mage who is more than willing to teach Spencer the ways of magic.
But there is something very off about this mage, and before he knows it, Spencer and Travis find themselves in trouble yet again.
Can they keep their lives from being ruined by McManus?
Dr. Spencer Abbot: there was once a time that he was (mostly) at peace, living with his family. But for the past couple of months, he has had to hide from the law. As if that weren’t enough, he has started to experience nightmares and see ghosts of those he feels he has failed to save.
He and his support system know who is behind the sightings, but not where Slade McManus is.
Will things ever be okay again for the doctor? Or will Slade successfully drive him beyond the brink?
Things appear to have settled back into some level of normalcy for Dr. Abbot and his family. He’s back to work at the hospital, clear of those murder accusations, and receiving more magic training from Yvette.
But his new magic instructor has also attracted the attention of another mage. Slade McManus takes it upon herself to try and woo the witch. As such, Spencer takes it upon himself to protect her, Travis more than willing to help.
But Slade may have a few tricks that they would not anticipate.
Will they manage to stop him? Find out here, in the final chapter of Hell Bent’s second story arc.May 15, 2019 at 6:38 pm #1628
Check out Arc 1 here: https://owscycon.ourwriteside.com/forums/topic/k-matt-horror-urban-fantasy-sci-fiMay 15, 2019 at 6:42 pm #1629
And Arc 3 so far, along with the anthologies and plans for the future can be found here: https://owscycon.ourwriteside.com/forums/topic/k-matt-horror-urban-fantasy-sci-fi-3
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.