Hywela Lyn – Author Booth

Home Forums 2019 Science Fiction Hywela Lyn – Author Booth

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hywela Lyn 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hywela Lyn
    Keymaster

Award winning U.K. author, Hywela Lyn (always known by her second name, Lyn) was born in rural Wales and lived there until she moved to England when she married. The beautiful Welsh landscapes and wealth of myths and legends were her writing inspirations.

She weaves romantic Science Fiction adventures set in the future, and distant, mysterious worlds, with characters who overcome great odds to find deep and enduring love: Stories she hopes will truly take you ‘out of this world’  and beyond.

All three award winning books in Hywela Lyn’s romantic SF series The Destiny Trilogy can be read as ‘stand alone’ novels and are available in eBook and audio format as well as paperback.

Her fantasy novella Dancing With Fate is also available as an eBook and in print and is loosely based on a combination of Welsh, Greek and Arthurian legends.

An animal lover, especially horses and dogs, Lyn is ‘pet parent’ to a slightly manic ‘rescue’ terrier and a ‘mare with attitude. She usually manages to have animals of some kind in every story she writes, although, like ‘Shifter’ in Beloved Enemy, they are not necessarily of Terran origin.

Lyn loves to hear from readers, who can write to her at Hywelalyn@hywelalyn.co.uk and she will always reply if you leave contact details.To know a reader enjoyed her books and was able to escape for a little while ‘out of this world’ makes her happier than words can express.

She can also be contacted through her website: https://www.hywelalyn.co.uk , her blog: https://www.hywelalyn.blogspot.com or her Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/HywelaLynAuthor

Subscribe to her Newsletter Here: http://madmimi.com/signups/196357/join

(She promises not to inundate your In-box. Newsletters are sent out quarterly, with the occasional ‘extra’ when she has something important to share.)

N.B. Some Cycon events I’m taking part in are Character wars with the main character in Beloved Enemy, Kerry Marchant: http://brackify.com/bracket/35161/OWS-CyCon-Sci-Fi-Character-Battle

Cover wars with Beloved Enemy: http://brackify.com/bracket/35226/OWS-CyCon-Sci-Fi-Cover-Wars

I’m also hosting Stacy Overby on my Blog: https://hywelalyn.blogspot.com/2019/05/find-out-more-about-world-of-tattoos-by.html

and am being featured on https://upstreamwriter.blogspot.com/2019/05/ows-cycon-worldbuilding-showcase.html

as part of the Cycon Worldbuilding showcase

Hywela Lyn
    Keymaster

STARQUEST – BOOK 1, The Destiny Trilogy  – A romantic Science Fiction Adventure series.
    (Each book can be read as a ‘stand alone’, and is a complete story in itself, although they can be read out of order, they are probably best read in order. )

Blurb:

When Jestine Darnell is rescued from her sabotaged starship by the crew of the Destiny her only objective is to complete her mission and keep her promise to save a world from slavery. Love is the last thing on her mind. However, she has not counted on losing her heart to Kerry Marchant the ship’s second in command, who makes his distrust of her painfully obvious, despite the chemistry between them. The completion of her mission has consequences that neither of them could have foreseen.

Enter Dahll Tarron, who becomes involved in a long and dangerous quest to find the Destiny. Fates become intertwined, perils shared, culminating in the realization that sometimes love may be so close that there is a danger it will not be recognized until it is too late…

Available as an e-Book, Paperback, from most on-line stores including Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001GS77RO   and also in Audio from Audible, narrated by R J Creighton

A selection an excerpts of some of the reviews in praise of Starquest

“I loved this book. It’s the first time I’ve ventured into reading a futuristic romance and am so pleased I did. Hywela Lyn masters the perfect mix of romance and adventure. Her descriptions of planets and their life forms are both vivid and beautiful. You are there with Jess every step of the way. Really really enjoyed it. Will definitely be reading the sequel Children of the Mist.” –  ‘Happy Reader’

“A perfect escape this science fiction romance is just a gorgeous book that had me coming back for more every day. It was a roller coaster ride and I grew to really love the characters. No spoilers all I will say is I was very surprised at the ending – in a good way. I had no idea! I rushed straight to the next book in the series Children Of The Mist.” – ‘Amazon Customer’

“This was a well-written science fiction novel with a healthy dose of romance. There were twists that I didn’t see coming and that I really liked which would make this a superior book in any genre. I thought the world building was excellent; each new planet had very definite characteristics, scenery, animal and plant life, and customs that clearly differentiated it from others in space… – ‘Mainer’

Hywela Lyn
    Keymaster

CHILDREN OF THE MIST Book 2 of the Destiny Trilogy

This is the second book in the Destiny Trilogy and features several characters from the first book.

Blurb

Two minds united against a common foe. Two hearts afraid to show their love: Long ago Tamarith fell in love with a man she can never have, and is convinced she will never love another. However, she cannot help but be intrigued by a handsome stranger whose psychic powers exceed even her own.

Vidarh seeks only to find his true purpose in life and to win the regard of his father, who eschews his son’s psychic abilities. Thrown together by a common threat to their planet, then torn apart by an evil greater than any they could have imagined, can Vidarh save the lovely Nifl woman who has captivated him, before it is too late? Will Tamarith and Vidarh overcome the deadly enemy who threatens to destroy all they know and love? Will they find the happiness they both seek? Or are they fated to live their lives alone?

Available as an e-Book, Paperback, from most on-line stores including Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Children-Mist-Destiny-Trilogy-Book-ebook/dp/B002HMC7VE and also in Audio from Audible, narrated by Helena Wilson

A few reviews:

“After reading a good but rather sad and depressing book I needed the therapy of an uplifting read to redress the balance. Having enjoyed ‘Starquest’ I thought it was the perfect time to start the follow up ‘Children of the mist . ‘ Children of the mist’ immediately transported me into an engaging futuristic romance with a gripping story line and unfolding surprises. I had not previously thought that sci-fi would appeal to me but I can thoroughly recommend this well-written story and I am eagerly looking forward to the next instalment.” – P Lamb

“Hywela Lyn creates a very vivid and wonderful world in Children of the Mist. Her characters have depth beyond any I have seen in a science fiction novel. She has the ability to give them souls in the literary sense, which is a rare talent. The extensive descriptions of the world she has created forms in the mind almost like the memory of a place once visited. I enjoyed this story and felt as if it carried me along from beginning to end…” – M Thompson

“I’ve read Starquest. In fact, bought the telescope for that one. Do I love astonomy? Yes. Do I love great romance that spans beyond the stars? For sure. As stated before, I loved Hywela Lyn’s, Starquest. Didn’t think Children of the Mist (sequel) could rival it.I was wrong. What a GREAT book. I wouldn’t begin to know where to start when describing this. Think worlds impossible to contemplete within your mind, characters libel to make you want to BE them (change them, keep them the same), it’ll be hard to decide. Romance so intense you want to walk away, though part of you wants to stay…” – D. Snell

Hywela Lyn
    Keymaster

BELOVED ENEMY Book 3 of the Destiny Trilogy – This is Kerry’s story in response to several requests.

Runner up in the Ind’tale RONEs, Winner of the Michigan RWA ‘Best Banter’ contest, Nominated for Romance Novel of the Year (SF and Fantasy category) RNA U.K.

Blurb

Cat Kincaid is obsessed with killing the man she believes is responsible for the torture and death of her sister, but when she eventually catches up with him, survival becomes a greater priority than revenge.

Kerry Marchant, haunted by memories, regret, and self-blame, shields himself from the pain of the past by committing himself totally to the starship, Destiny, of which he is part owner. However, the beautiful, red-haired woman who reminds him of his lost love, and who he suspects is working for a corrupt regime, represents a possible threat not only to the ship, but to his heart.

Marooned on an inhospitable planet, they need to work together to stay alive, fighting not only unknown assailants, but their growing attraction. But how can they learn to trust each other when he has vowed never to get close to a woman again, and she made a solemn pledge to destroy him?

Available as an e-Book, Paperback, from most on-line stores including Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01BBCBYCS/

Currently under production in audio, narrated by Drea Hope. Audio version available soon.

A sample of the comments from readers:

“This book was an amazingly enjoyable read! I had no idea that this was the third book of a series. This was a fantastic stand alone that can be read without having read the first two of the series. I was immediately drawn to Cat (and Shifter) and Kerry. The characters were so well written that the reader quickly developed a feeling for them. I loved the twists and turns as they existed on the planet. A fan of sci fi will just love this book…”  – N.N. Light

“I have to admit I’ve never read many romance stories set in space, but after reading this one I’m hooked! Wonderful, kick-ass heroine and brilliant hero, and the world-building was totally believable. Would definitely recommend this! ” – P.C,. Fenton

“I have now completed the trilogy, and yes I did enjoy every minute of it, the events and adventures were so unexpected and enjoyable, I thought it might be just a love story, but not at all. I won’t tell why, you should read it for yourself and enjoy it as much as I did.” – S.M. Alwi

Connie Cockrell
    Keymaster

I love maps with my SciFi and Fantasy. Well done.

Hywela Lyn
    Keymaster

Thanks so much Connie – it really helped me to keep my facts straight and keep tabs on my characters as they moved across the landscape!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.