Devorah Fox

Home Forums 2019 Mystery/Suspense Devorah Fox

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Devorah Fox 2 days, 21 hours ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Devorah Fox
    Keymaster

Life’s a mystery, isn’t it? We start the day thinking we’ll have coffee, dress, go to work, and then BLAM! We’re up to our hairline in “how did that happen?” and “whodunit?” Well, in my imagination anyway.
    Inky "Sherlock Holmes" DragonBestselling author of an acclaimed high fantasy series, I wrote The Zen Detective, voted #34 of 50 Best Indie Books 2017, and several  Mystery Mini Short Reads. I also wrote Detour, ranked in the Top Ten Thrillers in Preditor/Editors Readers’ Choice Poll and co-authored the contemporary thriller, Naked Came the Sharks, with Jed Donellie. Born in Brooklyn, New York, I now live on the Texas Gulf Coast with rescued tabby cats … and a dragon named Inky. Visit the “Dee-Scoveries” blog at http://devorahfox.com. Sign up for the free e-mail newsletter and get a link to a free gift, http://eepurl.com/LrZGX

Tailing me? Follow these leads:

Devorah Fox
    Keymaster

The Zen Detective by Devorah FoxOn the road to Zen enlightenment, homicide detective Will Mansion takes a seductive detour down the path to perdition.

When a bust goes terribly wrong, Paradise City detective Will Mansion nearly dies while saving his partner. On leave, Will seeks relief from post-traumatic stress disorder through Zen meditation and abstinence. He responds to the plea of the cryptic Sister Clyde to find a man missing from her soup kitchen, a man who may provide a lead to the vicious drug dealer who nearly killed Will. The search seduces Will away from the healing he seeks and he finds himself on the smarmy Miracle Mile. Alcohol, sex, and the potent drug “Nearvana” numb Will’s pain better than his infant Zen practice. He slips further and further into an underworld of the lost and hopeless only to find himself facing death—again.

“Riveting story, well told … The prose is both silky and muscular … “—Michael Stephen Daigle, author of the Frank Nagler Mysteries.

Get it:

Devorah Fox
    Keymaster

Get leads and hot tips. Subscribe to the free email newsletter:
    http://eepurl.com/LrZGX

Devorah Fox
    Keymaster

Murder by the Book, a Mystery Mini by Devorah Fox An ordinary workday at the western Massachusetts Sugarloaf Inn turns more chilling than the winter weather when staff member Candy Wadsen makes a gruesome discovery. Her day goes from bad to worse when Candy realizes that Detective Sergeant Dan Petrowski suspects her of committing the crime.

“This quick read was thoroughly enjoyable! Murder mystery with a romance as well.”—Joyce Walters

Can you figure out whodunit?

Devorah Fox
    Keymaster

One Bad Apple, a Mystery Mini by Devorah FoxWhen a virus is unleashed on the Department of Defense’s computers, programmer Marshall “The Worm” Fenwick is certain he’ll be blamed. After all, it’s an act of cyber-vandalism worthy of a man with a history of hacking, a false accusation that Marshall’s never been able to live down. Marshall knows he didn’t do it. It had to be someone else at ApplCart, the virus protection company he works for. Marshall can arrest the damage and escape going down for the crime himself if he can find—and find it in time—the One Bad Apple among the company’s employees.

“Crisp, smart and so clever. Hats off to you. You did it again!”—Alice Marks, author of “Missing”

Can you pick the One Bad Apple?

Connie Cockrell
    Keymaster

Can’t believe I hadn’t followed you on Bookbub before now. Accomplished.

Who do you use for your newsletter? I’m moving off of Mailchimp.

Devorah Fox
    Keymaster

Can’t believe I hadn’t followed you on Bookbub before now. Accomplished. Who do you use for your newsletter? I’m moving off of Mailchimp.

I’m still using Mailchimp although I’m not thrilled with their new way of counting “contacts.” I archived and deleted a bunch. I figured if they unsubscribed there was no point in trying to re-engage them. I suspect many subscribed only to qualify for a giveaway. But it’s still annoying.

Angela Hausman
    Keymaster

Happy you could make it. It seems things are going smoothly.

Devorah Fox
    Keymaster

Happy you could make it. It seems things are going smoothly.

This has been just great. I hope you’re getting a chance to enjoy it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.