Devorah Fox

Home Forums 2019 Fantasy Devorah Fox

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Devorah Fox 2 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Devorah Fox
    Keymaster

author Devorah Fox's Inky Dragon,
    Welcome to my lair. I am Inky, author Devorah Fox’s guardian, or in more contemporary parlance, personal assistant. We’re so glad that you’re attending OWSCYCON. Here you will get a bird’s eye, or rather a dragon’s eye, view of what goes into Devorah Fox’s wonderful fantasy stories that you so enjoy reading. We’ll share sneak peeks at upcoming works, links to free stuff, and other delights. So don’t be afraid … enter.
    Well, enough about me. Devorah Fox is the bestselling author of The Bewildering Adventures of King Bewilliam epic historical fantasy series including The Redoubt, voted one of 50 Self-Published Books Worth Reading 2016, and The Lost King, awarded the All Authors Certificate of Excellence. She contributed urban contemporary fantasy short stories to award-winning anthologies, the most recent being Beyond the Mask, A Fiction-Atlas Superhero Anthology and The Magical Book of Wands. Born in Brooklyn, New York, she now lives on the Texas Gulf Coast with rescued tabby cats … and me, a dragon named Inky. Visit the “Dee-Scoveries” blog at http://devorahfox.com. Sign up for the free e-mail newsletter and get a link to a free gift, http://eepurl.com/LrZGX

SPECIAL TREAT FOR OWSCYCON CONVENTIONEERS! The digital editions of the entire King Bewilliam series are on sale. https://www.smashwords.com/books/byseries/3235. Just enter the code JK93Q  at checkout. The coupon expires Tuesday so don’t delay.

Questing to follow Devorah Fox? Here are some portals:

Devorah Fox
    Keymaster

The Lost King, Book 1 of The Bewildering Adventures of King Bewilliam by Devorah FoxWhen all you have owned, everyone you have loved,  and everything you have done are gone, who are you? King Robin Bewilliam awakens one morning to find himself mysteriously transformed from a beloved and respected ruler to a homeless vagabond. His quest to uncover and break the bewitching spell that plagues him and regain his kingdom sets him on a journey of adventure, romance, and self-discovery.

“If you are … looking for a whimsical tale of a king in search of his identity we can highly recommend The Lost King—Dale Rankin, editor/publisher, The Island Moon
    Here’s where King Bewilliam’s story begins. Journey alongside him:

Devorah Fox
    Keymaster

Unlock the secrets. Subscribe to the free email newsletter:
    http://eepurl.com/LrZGX

Devorah Fox
    Keymaster

The Lost King by Devorah foxWhen all you have owned, everyone you have loved, and everything you have done are gone, who are you? King Robin Bewilliam awakens one morning to find himself mysteriously transformed from a beloved and respected ruler to a homeless vagabond. His quest to uncover and break the bewitching spell that plagues him and regain his kingdom sets him on a journey of adventure, romance, and self-discovery.

The Lost King is a very gripping novel that is most difficult to put down. In this most entertaining book, the writer has incorporated, from a medieval setting – fantasy, intrigue, survival, self-discovery, romance and the spirit of investigation and invention that motivates the human race to yearn for the stars. This is a book for everyone of all ages.—Ken Scott

Book 1 in The Bewildering Adventures of King Bewilliam high fantasy series received the All Authors Certificate of Excellence.

To quest along with the lost king:

Devorah Fox
    Keymaster

"The King's Ransom" by Devorah FoxWhen those you have loved and lived for betray you, how do you go on? The King’s Ransom, Book Two of the acclaimed “The Bewildering Adventures of King Bewilliam” series finds Robin, the hero of The Lost King, at sea both literally and figuratively. At first directionless and purposeless, he determines to reunite with his sons and with them restore his shattered kingdom but Fate has different plans for the lost king. Driven far from his home in the Chalklands, Robin pits his will against a dragon, a fortress’s duplicitous and deadly guards, high winds on the open water, and a horrifying sea monster only to meet his most formidable opponent.

The Lost King and The King’s Ransom are wonderful stories filled with passion, human concerns and a modern sensibility dressed up in a medieval setting. Fun reads, with detailed settings and characters and the overarching question about what King Bewilliam’s quest will find. — author Michael Stephen Daigle.

Continue the quest:

King Bewilliam’s cat, Meeyoo, is not only a faithful companion, but she also saves his life on more than one occasion, including on his seafaring adventure in The King’s Ransom.

Devorah Fox
    Keymaster

The King's Redress by Devorah FoxWhen everyone you trust turns against you, what do you do? Dragonslayer of renown, Robin, King Bewilliam, has bested both man and beast to battle his way back to the Chalklands and reunite with his sons, but discord threatens the kingdom’s hard-won peace and prosperity. War breaks out and Robin finds that there is no one he can trust, not even his closest knights. Fighting for his throne pits him against a shocking, unsuspected rival. With his own life and lives of all his imperiled subjects at stake, Robin faces off against his fiercest enemy in mortal combat.

“All I can say is ‘WOW’. I just completed the reading of The King’s Redress, the third in The Lost King series”—Ken Scott

Continue on the quest:

Devorah Fox
    Keymaster

The Redoubt by Devorah FoxHaving bested beast, man, and even his own failings, King Bewilliam has regained his throne, reunited with his sons, and restored his embattled kingdom, yet something is lacking. When a crippling famine threatens the Chalklands’ very survival, his vassals propose a risky plan to seek aid from a distant ruler. King Bewilliam strikes off on a perilous journey to the island empire of Sea Gate accompanied by a cadre of loyal knights and nobles who are unaware that the plan will reunite the king with a spurned lover.

The Redoubt was voted one of 50 Self-Published Books Worth Reading 2016.

“The Redoubt paints an interesting world where some of the quietest characters are the most powerful.”—Jack

Join the king on the ultimate road trip:

Angela B. Chrysler of B2BCYCON fame reads an excerpt from The Redoubt

Devorah Fox
    Keymaster

Lady Blackwing by Devorah FoxHow do you like your superheroes? Half-caff, no foam, double-shot …? Mercedes is just trying to make her way through life: taking classes, working her shift as a barista, and writing short stories that she never seems to finish. After a minor accident, she finds herself imbued with startling powers. She projects future events and rewrites the past, with disastrous consequences. Her first attempts to use her strange talents incite a zombie attack and bring an Egyptian goddess to life. Stunned by awesome abilities that she can’t seem to control, Mercedes wonders if she’s been cursed. Can she be cured? And if she can’t, what then?

Get Lady Blackwing to go:

The inimitable Karina Kantas reads an excerpt from Lady Blackwing:

NEWS FLASH! LADY BLACKWING IS DUKING IT OUT IN THE COVER WARS. To vote for her go to http://brackify.com/brack…/…/OWSCyCon2019-Fantasy-Cover-Wars

Devorah Fox
    Keymaster

Beyond the Mask, A Fiction-Atlas Superhero AnthologyWhat’s Lady Blackwing up to now? In “Lady Blackwing Gets Her Moniker,” Mercedes is gearing up for a new semester, working her shift as a barista, and making excuses NOT to write. Inoculated with a pencil favored by her literary heroes, she finds herself imbued with startling abilities. She can write the imagined future into existence and rewrite the past but the consequences are unpredictable. After a late-night writing session, a hate crime erupts in her neighborhood and Mercedes is certain that it’s her doing. But does she have the power to right the wrong?

Want to be a superhero yourself? Proceeds from Beyond the Mask, A Fiction-Atlas Superhero anthology go to Alex’s Lemonade stand to benefit the battle against childhood cancer.

Place your to-go order:

Devorah Fox
    Keymaster

The Magical Book of Wands by Devorah Fox, et. al.Is making magic just a matter of waving a wand? Maybe. Maybe not. From days of old to today, many a tale has been told about wands and their magical nature. Now, for your reading enjoyment, here is The Magical Book of Wands, a compilation of a wide range of stories featuring this magical tool. They run the gamut from Epic Fantasy, to Urban Fantasy, to Fairytales and everything in between, including my short story, An Ill Wind, inspired by a real catastrophe, Hurricane Harvey’s 2017 landfall.

“When your world has been blown apart and you must bring the magic that puts it back together.”

But you can make magic and you won’t even need a wand. Your purchase of The Magical Book of Wands will benefit the American Library Association.

Devorah Fox
    Keymaster

Sneak peek at something I’m working on RIGHT NOW! This is an excerpt from “The Demon of Corpus Christi,” a short story.

“Enter your destination,” prompted a disembodied woman’s voice.

Yikes, the car was talking to me! I had at times talked to the car, and in admittedly harsh terms but this was creepy.

I didn’t have a ready answer. Where to go? I glanced at the electronic display for the navigation option, a feature that I never use. I rarely go anywhere unfamiliar.

“Enter your destination,” the voice repeated.

I felt on the spot, like being called on by the teacher when I hadn’t done my homework. Frantic, I scoured the display prompts for help. “Home”? No, I was already home. “Street Address”? No, I had none to supply. “Points of Interest”?

OK, now we’re talking, no pun intended. I pressed that button …

Connie Cockrell
    Keymaster

Thought I’d visit you here, too.

Devorah Fox
    Keymaster

Thought I’d visit you here, too.

Thank you. Looking forward to seeing more people this weekend. I suspect there will be more traffic Saturday and Sunday.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.