D. Gabrielle Jensen

Home Forums 2019 Urban Fantasy/Paranormal D. Gabrielle Jensen

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  D. Gabrielle Jensen 3 days, 20 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Banner for D. Gabrielle Jensen

D. Gabrielle Jensen is an artist of many mediums but words have always been her strongest passion.

Born and reared in the rural mountains of Colorado, she has always felt drawn to bigger things, feeling far more at home in the chaos and commotion of a city than the serene quiet of a small town. Small towns, she laments, make her feel anxious and claustrophobic.

A traditional Bachelor’s degree education in English and Creative Writing from Colorado State University-Pueblo led to more than a decade as a freelance web content creator, music reviewer, and author, for a variety of publications, including an eight year stint as owner and chief editor of a speculative fiction magazine and the self-publication of two collections of slam style poetry.

When she is not writing, she is bringing art to the world through cosmetology, jewelry design, photography, and the occasional spare pencil sketch. Music drifts into every aspect of her life, even if not in the creation of, it is always playing, always inspiring.

She loves things that begin with the letter “C” – coffee, cats, conversation, cities, concerts, crowds, chaos – and things that don’t – airports, traveling, other humans, macro photography, urban decay, macro photography of urban decay, the beauty of flaw.

Facebook
    Instagram
    Patreon
    Tumblr

Please also stop by my poetry booth in the Other Genres area and enjoy readings from both of my collections.

I am excited to announce that a prequel to the Fia Drake Soul Hunter trilogy, “Screaming Desperation,” will be included in an anthology from the award-winning Balance of Seven publishing group. The anthology, tentatively titled Claiming Her Wings, will be released the end of August and will feature eleven speculative fiction tales of women finding their strength through extraordinary circumstances.

Hades. Sheol. Gehenna. Naraka. Different names for the same place. The prison of the damned. Condemned souls sentenced to eternity in torment for the sins they committed in life.

A thousand years ago, Irzelen, a demon warden, resentful of the favor given to humans, released the souls under his charge, back to the mortal world.

For a millennium, bounty hunters have tracked and captured these souls, returning them to finish out their sentence, groomed from childhood into a world few mortals know anything about.

Fia Drake is headstrong and arrogant but not without good reason. She is the best of the best. But when the capture of one bounty goes sideways, she finds her whole world spiraling out of control. In order to find out what – and who – is at the bottom, she will have to break all of her own rules.

The first book of the Fia Drake Soul Hunter trilogy is scheduled for release in August, 2019. While you’re waiting, join me on Patreon and Wattpad where I’m sharing side stories and BTS treats.

To celebrate CyCon, every new subscriber to my Patreon gets access to a free autographed e-copy of my poetry collections. Visit my poetry booth for a taste.

Now that my takeover of the Fantasy and Sci-Fi Readers Lounge is complete, I can share this here! I am excited to reveal that the title of the first book of the Fia Drake Soul Hunter trilogy is….

Solitary Savior!!

I have registered this title with Bowker Books in Print and IngramSpark and plan to have it ready for public consumption by the end of this summer, to be released in conjunction with the Claiming Her Wings (working title) anthology from Balance of Seven.

Follow along on my socials for all the latest updates on both publications.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.