March 14, 2019 at 10:16 pm #496
Timothy Bateson is an author, amateur falconer, book reviewer, and blogger, with a passion for books. This passion only grew when he started his first job, working at the local libraries.
Originally born in England during the mid-70s, Bateson trained to become a computer engineer but discovered that he hated the work. So, when he moved to Alaska in 2005, to marry Sandi, he joined the retail service and hasn’t looked back.
As an author, Bateson writes primarily in Urban Fantasy but ventured into Science Fiction at the request of an anthology publisher that had featured one of his previous short stories.
Bateson has released five of the “Shadows Over Seattle: Prequels” short stories, two of which are currently ONLY available in the Brain to Books “Book Dreams” anthologies.
He is currently working on “Of Wolves and Men”, the first novel to join the series. However, Bateson admits that none of this would have been possible without his wife, Sandi. It’s her work that created what would become the “Shadows Over Seattle” setting, and they have made it a collaborative project, with plans for at least four novels.
As a blogger, Bateson spent over four years running “Ramblings of an Author”, before moving to his blogging efforts to his own website. He loves to feature books and authors from the Science Fiction, Urban Fantasy, and Fantasy genres, often highlighting works in the new release, and pre-release categories.
Ever since he took a day off school to attend a falconry demonstration, and had the opportunity to handle a Harris Hawk and a Barn Owl, Bateson has been fascinated with birds of prey. Over a lifetime of taking whatever chance he can get to handle and fly these magnificent creatures, he’s handled more birds than he cares to count. But the highlight of those experiences came when handling eagles for the first time at the Chesire Falconry Center in England.
OWSCyCon 2019 – Executive Director
Bateson has been part of the CyCon scene since the very beginning. When he heard that Brain to Books would be unable to host the event for 2019, he sought permission to continue the event. Teaming up with Our Write Side, Bateson took on the role of Executive Director to bring you the 2019 OWSCyCon.
Where to find the author:
March 14, 2019 at 10:50 pm #498
- Timothy Bateson’s website & Blog
- “Ramblings of an Author” (Archived)
- Facebook – This is a great place to catch up with what groups I’m part of, what discussions I’m part of, and a great way to reach out and chat with me directly)
- Twitter – Catch the latest posts on my blog and shares of other author’s news
- Pinterest – A fantastic place to get a behind-the-scenes look at some of the things I research for stories, archive interviews, book reviews, reading suggestions, and boards related to writing, marketing, and staying organized
- Instagram – Where I sometimes remember to post images created in various adult-coloring apps
- YouTube – Where you can see my book trailers, video interviews and event promotions
- YourListen – An audio streaming site, where I’ve recorded several StoryTime episodes for OWSCyCon2019, and will probably post more down the line
Past and present collide on Halloween
Richard Parsons is a maverick wolf-shifter with a tendency to find trouble. When a traveling exhibition returns to the McCaw Museum Richard finds that he has personal reasons to visit after hours. His audacious plan goes awry when a particular display forces painful memories to the surface.
Can Richard face down the demons of his past before the police become aware of his presence?
Genres: Short Story, Urban Fantasy, Shapeshifter, Halloween
What People Are Saying About “Under A Hunter’s Moon”:
An amazing take on Lycans. I love the dark view taken but also the unique point of view that makes you want to care for the dark creatures.
I’m usually a gal who needs romance in her books, but I have to say that I got my hands on a copy of Under a Hunter’s Moon by Timothy Bateson and found a great read! This is a short story, so it’s a quick read, but it’s got suspense, action, and it left me wanting to know when the next one is coming out! If you enjoy shifter stories, this one is a great Urban Fantasy short story that introduces you to some characters that you’ll definitely need to know more about!
I enjoy the author’s twist on the old werewolf lore, creating a whole new version and calling them Lupines, to allow him to break the rules of the legends without really breaking things, if you know what I mean.March 14, 2019 at 11:13 pm #499
Don’t Drink And Shapeshift
Richard Parsons is a shapeshifter with a drinking problem – not that his girlfriend knows about his abilities. But she’s determined to sober him up, and the arguments aren’t helping.
Storming out of the apartment during the latest argument might only be the first bad move of the night.
Will Richard’s drinking get him into more trouble than he can handle?
Genres: Short Story, Urban Fantasy, Shapeshifter
The Desert Can Be Hell
When his squad is deployed to Iraq, Gunnery Sergeant Garfield Feldman leads them in a series of operations against forces loyal to Saddam Hussein.
Recently rumors have been flying around base that the enemy has learned a few new tricks, and found ways to ambush Marine units from buildings that had been declared clear.
Now Feldman’s team has received orders to conduct a snatch-and-grab mission deep in enemy-held territory. But what lies behind the walls, and what can Feldman do to ensure the success of the mission?
Genres: Short Story, Urban Fantasy, Shapeshifter, US Marine Corps
Format: E-BookMay 13, 2019 at 4:14 am #1511
Where To Find Me During OWS CyCon
- May 16th @9 pm EST I’m taking over the Fantasy & Sci-Fi Reader’s Lounge on Facebook to talk about CyCon. This is a fantastic group for readers of speculative fiction, and often hosts authors who love chatting with readers.
- You’ll be able to learn a little more about me, ask me questions, or just hang out and chat with me in my author booths in Urban Fantasy & Sci-Fi.
- I’ve entered Richard Parsons into the Urban Fantasy Character Battles tournament. If you’ve reader “Under A Hunter’s Moon” you’ll be more than familiar with this trouble-making shapeshifter, and I know he’d appreciate your votes in each round he reaches. Check out the ‘smack talk’ from the various characters taking part.
- Talking of “Under A Hunter’s Moon”, you’ll be seeing it in the Urban Fantasy Cover Wars event. Please vote for this cover each round if you think it deserves to win.
- I’m doing a bunch of recordings for Story Time, where we showcase the work of some of our amazing authors. Hear a part of their story read aloud, and find out where you can get your copies. Find works from Fantasy, Science Fiction, and more.
- I’m also taking part in the Sci-Fi Top 5’s tour, where I highlight my top artificial intelligences.
- I’ll be participating in a number of live and recorded chats with fellow authors, some of which we’ll be taking readers questions during the shows. Topics will include ‘World Building’
I also have a number of jigsaw puzzles people can try for a little fun.
- I’ll also be popping in and out of various groups and chats all over the event because CyCon is such a wonderful way to discover new books for my reading list.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.